The natural sweetness of the berries is brought out with the orange-flavored homemade marinade. Top it with orange cream topping for a real treat.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups assorted fresh berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, red and/or golden raspberries, and/or halved small strawberries)
- ¾ cup frozen sugar-free or light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Thinly sliced kumquats (optional)
- To prepare the marinade: In a screw-top jar, combine orange juice, liqueur, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Cover and shake well.
- Place berries in a large bowl. Pour marinade over berries. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
- To prepare the Orange Cream Topping: In a small bowl, fold together dessert topping, sour cream, and orange peel.
- To serve, top berries with the cream topping. If desired, garnish with kumquats.